Saturday, August 25, 2007
Just say no
While I was doing the dishes today, my mind wandered to the subject of Chirstmas shopping. Don't be alarmed - I had just opened the cupboard where I kept the names I had drawn for our family's Christmas party and I got to thinking. I bet I could make a scarf for my cousin whose name I drew. I wonder if she would like it? Should I also knit a hat and mittens? Would just giving her a scarf seem chinsy or would she think "A scarf? I thought you knew how to knit sweaters?" Not to mention I am on the verge of finishing my first sock ever (notice I did not say 'socks') and they were going to be a birthday present for a certain 2 year old I know. He is now two. Not "almost two". Two. And look above to the reference about there being only one sock - almost done. Right. The socks are now slated for a Christmas delivery. Remember the scarf? That I swatched? Picture that swatch in the photograph 2 and a 1/2 inches wider and 4 inches longer - there's the scarf today. Oh, right the blanket. Well that's okay see because the "baby" that it was being made for just turned two and I hear that there are a pair of socks in his future. Since the blanket is now for the next baby and I'm not even pregnant it would seem I have plenty of time - I have hearby been freed up to start new guilt-free projects.......except the two year old has an older brother who has mentioned that he would also like a pair of socks so......I guess my cousin will just have to make due with a book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment